- Date: NOVEMBER 20-22, 2020
- Price: $620
3 days rowing, 2 nights at Hopewell Lodge.
Register your interest for this tour or enquire about other dates, and we will send you more details
NB Payments for this tour can be made directly into NZ Rowing Tours bank account, after registration.
- With 150km of New Zealand’s coastline, the Marlborough Sounds is a collection of ancient sunken river valleys filled with the waters of the Pacific Ocean. Farmed and forested hills rise steeply from the sea around an intricate coastline of sheltered inlets and sandy bays.
- In this tour we row on two of the main bodies of water – Kenepuru and Pelorus Sounds. The tour departs from, and returns to, the busy fishing port of Havelock, ‘greenshell mussel capital of the world’.
- The guided tour group row away from Havelock, spend a few hours rowing in the Sounds, and then land on a little beach at a beautiful lodge in the wilderness. The rooms will be ready, the dinner cooking, and your bag will be already waiting to meet you. Our crew can help to bring non-rowing partners to the Lodge by road and launch.
- We stay both nights at Hopewell Lodge, where the food and hospitality are outstanding. Hopewell has a variety of rooms (king, twin, bunkrooms), as well as shared lounge and dining spaces. The Lodge buildings are nestled into native bush, with bird song, glow-worms, walking tracks, hammocks, and a spa-pool with a sea-view. It’s a very special, peaceful place. We love staying at Hopewell Lodge, and we look forward to sharing it with you.
Register your Interest